Thursday, June 17, 2010

busy Bernina

This has been a busy month for my Bernina!  Besides curtains, I am sewing up a mess of clothes for my two munchkins, who are both growing super fast.  Luckily, those sewing blogs came in handy when it came to figuring out how to transfer sewing patterns so that I can keep using them even when my kiddos' sizes get larger and larger.  Large scale tracing paper from my undergraduate architecture studios also came in handy.

I think it's been a fun diversion, since the weather this month has certainly not cooperated, considering it's June and I'm still parading around in fuzzy socks (can't. let. go.) and fleece.  What is going on?  Dean had to be convinced to wear shorts today (it's finally sunny).  I think it's been so long, it actually was uncomfortable territory for him.  But I digress...

So here are the finished products:  Pajama pants, dress, skirt, wall panels...

Dean's pajama pants.  Dinosaurs, monkeys, and I also did trucks!  These have been so easy.  Dean has even picked out some more fabric for pajama shorts - it WILL get warmer.  soon.  Here are some action shots.


Fiona's [summer] dress, skirt and wall panels.  Girl clothes are so easy!  Actually, the dress was harder than the pattern claimed, but, look!  It's done!  And I probably have another month or so before she outgrows it (by then it will be cold again...).  The skirt I made from an online tutorial with some leftover scraps from her wall panels.  We have finally started decorating her room - which she has occupied for a couple of months already.  It was time, pobrecita.

3 comments:

whispering60 said...

very proud of you....you are quite the seamstress!!!

Anonymous said...

so cute! I'm way impressed. Where are the wall panels? By the way, what on earth are you rubbing into Fiona's head to get her hair to grow?? Lydia's hair is still so very short. - rita

Lora said...

Thanks, ladies! The wall panels are in Fiona's bedroom. She needed something girly. Still not done though - we have some fans from China and butterfly coconuts from Panama to hang up, plus a Great Grandma Kiddo painting. Any other ideas? Her walls are huge and empty!

If Fiona's hair weren't so long (and curly), she might look more like Dean! So it's probably a good thing. You need to post pics of your kiddos somewhere, Rita!