Monday, August 22, 2011

milestones for Leo

My three are hams!  It is very difficult these days to set Leo up for his monthly portrait without including his two adoring fans. 

I am amazed each day to see how much Leo has developed.  He is starting to say repeatedly 'ba-ba-ba" and rocking on all fours - even pulling up on his toes at times.  Most recently, he started expressing frustration when toys are just out of his reach.  Usually his brother and sister are eager to retrieve them for him, but since last night, he began leap-frogging forward!  My last vestigial days of control are clearly numbered. 

Leo has been showing an interest in food lately - or at least in upending our meals with his crafty little hands - reaching for my bowl of cereal and spilling it on me, pulling out the placemat from under my plate, trying to grab my cup of coffee...  So today, Leo started his first solid food: avocado.  I think it was a success!  He eventually managed to take over the spoon and smear avocado all over his arms and cheeks.  Leo, you are too cute.  We remembered back to the days of feeding Dean as a baby and how we always had two spoons available - one for him and one for us. 

We are all in love with our sweet Leo!

No comments: