Saturday, May 21, 2011

April Album IV: Birthdays and Easter in Coppell

Our final stop in Texas was at the home of my sis, Rita, in Coppell.  The day we arrived, we celebrated Tommy’s 7th birthday. 
IMG_2665
My brother JP and his family also joined us, which meant the kids got lots of COUSIN time!  Six cousins!
IMG_1160  IMG_3272  IMG_2746
IMG_1194  IMG_3047  IMG_3134
Our visit included Easter weekend, which of course, is not complete without the making and breaking of cascarones (worthy of its own post, I think) and a visit from the Easter bunny, plus lots and lots of family.  My grandparents, along with my aunt Carrie and cousins Albert and Amy also joined the festivities. 
IMG_2806
IMG_3022     IMG_1518
Dad with his sister and dad. 
IMG_1136
Aunt Carrie and Amy, cooking up a tasty zucchini dish!
IMG_1207 (2)
I caught some snuggle time with baby Leo.
IMG_1556
Fiona shared some secrets with my cousin Albert.
Easter weekend (190)
Tried to take an epic family photo with my children and their great-grandparents around naptime.  It’s still epic.
IMG_1600
The twos!  Fiona and cousin Lydia (only a 17 days apart) love each other.  Dean had fun climbing on top of a little tikes car. 
IMG_1221   IMG_1230
Leo gave many smiles!
IMG_3107
There were many movies to be watched!  Especially involving princesses and fairies.  Fiona had lots of catching up to do with her girl cousins.
IMG_1254
One morning Gramps and Leo wore stripes together.
IMG_3227
Matthew finally arrived!  He didn’t miss a beat holding sweet baby Leo and entertaining/playing with the kids while performing animal exercises (such as the sloth, below) and wii dance.
IMG_1259  IMG_1285 
IMG_3235
Finally, the day before we left for Oklahoma, my family celebrated my 34th birthday (!) with a sweet bunny cake and many, many candles (Thanks, Rita and Dad!).
IMG_3280
Phew.  What an adventure we have had.  One of my best birthday months on record.

No comments: