Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2014: a lively beginning

Okay, it’s September, and 2014 has just four months left.  It’s been such a busy year that I neglected my only venue for writing and recording thoughts and memories.  But I’ll attempt to shake the dust off this blog, mostly to remind myself to take more pictures and to reflect regularly on what an incredible life this is.  It’s like a New Year’s resolution in September.

So, speaking of New Year’s… about nine months ago, we hosted this raucous celebration to welcome in the year 2014.  My brother and I made a batch of posole (which disappeared in no time), we played wii dance and kid-friendly movies in our garage, and our living room came alive as we all counted down the seconds until 9 o’clock (East Coast New Year’s) so that the kids could participate and folks could drive home before midnight if they chose.  The best part – two words: photo booth.  We rigged Matt’s ipad in our office with some zany costumes (thanks again, Aunt Ayme), and this is a slice of what transpired.

No comments: