Sunday, January 31, 2010

listmaker

I have a few nagging things to finish up - and some things to start - so here's my quick list:

1. Finish my wedding album.   It's been 10 years!  This is a photo of me and my sis Gina, as I was making my first real attempt at getting this done during our girl's weekend.  I have been collecting all the photos, the album, the paper, and some album bling - like stickers and paper flowers -  for years.  I think I told myself I would finish it before I finished grad school, or at least before we were married five years.  Um, nope.  Then I promised myself to finish it before we started our family.  Or before we had #2.  Oops.  So now I have a real goal - 08.12.2010.  That would be ten years!  Hoping I can do it. 

I should really stop there, if I expect to feel like I can accomplish something soonish.  But I look up and notice that our curtains are halfway done.  The finished part is a SHEER.  It's lovely, but, um, sheer.  So goal #2 is:

2. Finish my bedroom curtains.  I have the fabric and thread.  This should probably be more front-burner, since I often find myself changing clothes in the closet or hiding behind the headboard.  However, my sewing table is also my scrap table.  hmmmm....


3.  Join a gym, for crying out loud.  Preferably one that has some built-in childcare, so that I can take a class on Friday.  Otherwise, I'm looking at 8pm every time I want to work out, which I may want to do, but there are usually no late classes, and I am not sure how I'll ever finish an album or curtains... 

Are goals supposed to be mutually exclusive like this?

No comments: