Saturday, May 15, 2010

it's curtains!

[updated with photos]

I finally got around to finishing my curtain!  Just in time to meet my self-imposed deadline.  I've come to realize two things while finishing this project: 
    1.  Misunderestimation.  Yeah, I know that's not a real word.  I haven't been really honest with myself on how much I'm taking on in my life.   Besides my blog lists that I keep adding to, Matt and I are also trying to finish constructing our upstairs closet while re-designing and re-building one-third of our backyard.  My own lists never seem to take all of these other things into account.  We just ordered a new fence (he and his dad just ripped out the old), and we've dug out and built a new sand box, plus some fun climbing and play areas for the kids a la pea gravel.  This yard has been such a challenge for me, but I think it's finally come along for such a small and shady space.  It's miles away from what it was four years ago.  Not to mention our nearly-complete closet!
    *****
    our room with new curtains and matching pillow shams
    2.  Blog bog.  Reading blogs about sewing isn't as gratifying as sewing, and it doesn't get me very far in my sewing projects.  I know, that kind of sounds rocket-science, but I thought I'd throw it out there.  I picked up a handful of good sewing blogs, which I love to look at!  But as soon as I stopped looking at them for a week, I finished my curtains.  Plus I started and finished these adorable pajama bottoms for Dean, featuring a sock-monkey print, and I started and finished a lovely curtain for Fiona's room.  Yippee!
    *****
     Fiona's new curtains






        3 comments:

        Whispering 60 said...

        good for you....keep sewing!!! and making all sorts of lists, they will keep you sane.

        Just Me said...

        yeah you! Can't wait to see the pictures of both the yard and the curtains!

        Whispering 60 said...

        love the Fiona curtains....pretty colors!!