Monday, March 15, 2010

Sewing and blogging

It's taken a while to get back to my curtains, and not because I don't have time in the evening to work on them - I just can't seem to get motivated to do it.  I finally spent the last two nights getting reacquainted with my lovely Bernina, and the curtains are coming along - two panels are sewn, and all of the grommet holes are marked (which took a few tries after an embarrassing and frustrating math error on my part).  All that's left is cutting the holes, fastening the grommets, marking and sewing the hem, and hanging the finished product.  Then, voila! - no more hiding behind my headboard while I'm getting dressed - phew!

The fabric is from IKEA - and I have some pillow shams that I made several months ago to match.  They compliment the lovely orange wall in my bedroom...  a color which for some reason we had a whole bucketful when it was time to paint our bedroom, and we decided to save money by using what we had.  I think Matthew had this idea a few years ago to paint a large orange rectangle in the living room to contrast with the pale green walls - which we still might do someday; we definitely have enough paint. Photos of completed project coming soon, hopefully... 

I've been a little more interested in blogs about sewing rather than actually sewing these days.  Here are my favorites so far: Keyka Lou, Sew Retro, Sew Chic, Polka Dot Overload, and House of Marmalade.  These are all mainly clothes and mainly vintage; I am not sure why that's peaking my interest right now, but it has been so inspiring to peek into the creative outlets of others.

Sewing and blogging have integrated nicely in this era. Apparently, it is possible to make time for both.

No comments: