Wednesday, March 3, 2010

listmaker part II

Tracking my earlier list... I have decided not to join a gym for various reasons.  I'm going to try some fitness classes offered at my work.  My wedding album has come to a halt to make way for curtain-making, which I am about a third of the way through.  And I'm spending way too much time on the computer.  But obviously not blogging.

It turns out that I'm not so great at blogging.  I am, however, very good at list-making.  So I will continue to do that. 

I have some new goals, which I have been spending lots of time on, so let's just attribute my slow progress on previously-stated goals to these front-burner, I-am-now-an-adult goals.
  1. Purchase life insurance.  We're not sure where to go here - is it better to use a broker and find the best deal, or to go through our regular bank?  It's a little unsettling.  But either way, we need to do something.  Our financial advisor gave us some leads.
  2. Finish Estate Planning.  Matthew and I have been meeting with a lawyer, and it's going really well.  Which is good, because it's costing a lot of money.  I am totally in the wrong field.  So at the end of this, we will each have a will and a trust for the children.  The incentive for this is that if we do nothing, and something should happen to us, the state will decide what happens to our kids and all of our assets will be liquidated with no parameters for how any of it will be used.  Yikes.  Plus, Matt and I need a second honeymoon.  Though now we won't be able to afford one.  Hmmmm...

No comments: