Friday, March 12, 2010

what do we do with ourselves?

In one of my listmaking frenzies, I mentioned our goal to finish estate planning.  We've finally made enough decisions to receive a draft from our lawyer.  One big question left is:  what do we do with our remains? 

I'm posting this photo, half jokingly, though it does look intriguing.  This is actually from an eco-friendly mattress blog.  I can't believe that such a thing exists.  I'm talking about the blog, by the way.  But here's the information -
"There is much call for eco burials these days... many people would like to be buried at sea... Lots design of Sweden has come up with this eco friendly pressed paper capsule, made from bio degradable paper and has a special place for loved ones to place messages, it could catch on!"
I can't get over the plethora (would you say there is a plethora?) of options for the "final resting place".  Even though I'd really rather not think about it, the alternative is to burden someone else with making this decision for us.

And finally, since there are two of us, that brings up a whole 'nother topic.  [yes, I am infusing this blog post with movie references to lighten the mood.]  Forget the burial vs. cremation decision.  Where do we put ourselves?  Whose family should we be near or with, if at all?  Sprinkled together?  Two separate urns?  A 50/50 blend with lavender and rosemary?  I'm sure that's an option somewhere.

And now I need to watch a funny movie.

No comments: