Monday, January 17, 2011

a brighter day

I felt a little guilty writing such a grumpy post over the weekend.  My pregnancy is definitely slowing me down; at the same time I am feeling the pressure (self-imposed, of course) to complete some projects before the baby is born and to get the kids moving outside despite the unending rain.  Not exactly great odds for me,when I am trying to summon my inner (and outer) joy.  BE. JOY.  To top it off, I knew I had a long day ahead of me on Monday, a day in which Matthew not only doesn't have the holiday; he is skiing after work into the evening in a charity fundraiser.  Waaah me.


So, today, JOY be summoned - in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. day - we took advantage of the free zoo day, we met a friend and her son, and we had a wonderful time!  The sun even came out!  We got home for a late lunch, a long nap, the kids enjoyed a nice bubble bath, a pajama party and we watched "Finding Nemo".  My favorite kind of day.




No comments: