Wednesday, January 26, 2011

curtain refresh

Updated curtains!
Here's my latest belly picture: 33 weeks.

Now, the curtains: I made the original panels a LONG time ago - it was my first big sewing project, using an old Montgomery Ward machine that someone donated to me to make curtains for our apartment windows in Seattle.  They have moved with us since, but they barely fit the windows in our house.  Plus they were starting to fray at the bottom, so I thought they could use a little update.  We always had two panel types: the gold stripe and the rust corduroy - I'm not sure why we did this originally - perhaps because we were in graduate school and we couldn't afford to do the whole thing with the gold stripe?  Now they are much longer and have an added floral panel at the top to let in some light and tie the two panel types together.
 
For kicks, here is a glimpse of the old curtains (and some more preggo pics)...

This was taken a few months ago - same shirt!  smaller belly...
Grandpa and me, pregnant with Dean (taken the day before he was born).
original Seattle curtains (who's that girl with the pigtails?)

5 comments:

Whispering 60 said...

Lora....can't wait to see you. You look wonderful and by the way so does the curtain update!!! :)

Lora said...

Thanks, Mom! I look much bigger @ 33 weeks than I did when Dean was born...

rita said...

LOra!!! I LOVE your big belly. Just remember: you have the best incubator God created. He is putting those finishing touches on your precious bambino!!!
Ok, enough- on to the curtains...
all I can say is N I C E!!!
very impressed. I like how it ties the colors together. And how your sweater matches. ;)

Lora said...

Aw.. thanks, Rita! And thanks for the sweater :) It gets a lot of wearing time!

thoughtsfromthewoodpile said...

I love the curtains-- I bet they just give the living room a fresh look!